Many organizations need to send the same email message to clients. Mail Merges save your organization lots of time and effort, and they are incredibly easy, especially compared to the process of preparing individual letters or envelopes to many people.
This process is often done using a merge that brings contact information from an Excel spreadsheet into a Microsoft Word template.
If you have Worldox, the process must be performed slightly differently than without Worldox. With Worldox, start the process by opening a Microsoft Word template from Worldox, and then pulling in a Microsoft Excel data spreadsheet from Worldox. Here are the steps:
- Create a Main Document in MS Word. Save as a template (dotx) into Worldox.
- Create a Data Source (contact names and email addresses in separate columns) in MS Excel and save into Worldox.
- Define the merge fields in the MS Word Template Main Document.
- Merge data in the Main Document.
- Save documents back to Worldox and print, Send to Recipients.
NOTE: When you bring an MS Excel Document into an MS Word Document, Worldox will display the following prompt. This prompt is to confirm you want to bring a document of a different type into a different application. Just select the “Word” option.
Questions about creating a data source, mail merging with Worldox, or any other Worldox feature? Just ask! Please contact Affinity's Document Management Team by calling 877-676-5492, or request a consultation and we'll be happy to help.