ndMail 1.8 is now available! NetDocuments put some serious work into this update to improve performance and add requested features from users. Let’s take a look under the hood to see what you gain.
ndMail 1.8 offers performance improvements for your day-to-day tasks in Outlook. The time to perform most major tasks has improved. Everything from viewing emails to switching folders and more. In short, Significant work was done to optimize the use of Outlook processing threads. Outlook’s performance is highly dependent on the individual computer and environment. What this means is customers who already see good performance today will see improvements, but smaller than customers with slower environments, who are expected to see significant improvements.
- Up to 75% faster to double-click to open an email.
- Up to 40% faster switching between Outlook folders.
- Up to 60% faster to click through emails with the Outlook Reading Pane open.
Do Not Move Sent Items Option
ndMail 1.8 introduces a change to the File & Move option to allow you to keep sent items in the Sent Items folder even if File & Move is enabled.
To enable this option, click the Setting icon on the ndMail panel:
Next, select the Do not move Sent Items check box:
ndMail 1.8.0 does require .NET 4.8 so you may have to update your device prior to installing ndMail 1.8.
Other Significant Changes in ndMail 1.8
- Calendar item improvements
- Support for German datacenter
- Folder Mapping for Online Archives (with third-party integration with VerQu
- Please also check out the Fixed Issues List for ndMail 1.8
If you have any questions about the updates to ndMail or need any assistance getting started with using NetDocuments or ndMail, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Contact the Document Management Team at Affinity by calling 877-676-5492, or simply request a consultation.